In accordance with Article X Section 2 of the Rules all clubs are reminded that any proposed resolutions may be submitted by majority vote of a club’s board of directors to the District secretary not less than 30 days and not more than 60 days prior to the date of the District Convention. Proposed resolutions may also be submitted by the District Board of Trustees or originated by the Committee on Resolutions. All proposed Resolutions should be referred to the Committee on Resolutions for consideration and recommendation to the convention.
To-date, the District Secretary has received nominations for the following posts:
Governor for the Term 2014-15
· Tan Eng Too - KC Petaling Jaya (Division 4)
Governor Elect for the Term 2014 -2015
· Dato Fatimah Saad – KC TTDI (Division 4)
Treasurer for the Term 2014-2015
· Cheok Kim Chee – KC Kuala Lumpur (Division 1)
In accordance with Article IX Section 6 & 8 of the Rules only chartered clubs “in good standing” shall be entitled to seat up to three (3) delegates. Two (2) of the delegates should be the club president and president elect. To ensure proper representation, each chartered club may choose up to three (3) alternate delegates and shall be elected 30 days prior to the date of the Convention (i.e. this must be done before 15th August 2014) and shall submit a certificate to the District Secretary duly authenticated by the club’s President and Secretary.
Best Club Report Award
Presidents are reminded that your club has to prepare a Club Report covering the major projects, events and activities in your Club since 1st October 2013. The Club Report will form part of the Divisions Report be presented by your Governor at Business Session 1 to be held on Saturday Morning. For purposes of uniformity a standard form of report will be forwarded to you for your club to follow. Please do the following:
- Make five (5) copies of your Club Report and submit them to the Kiwanis Convention Secretariat by 7.00 p.m. on Friday 5th September 2014
- Send a copy of your report to the district via your Lt Governor by 29th August,2014 so that he/she can incorporate your clubs activities in his/her Lt Governor presentation
The best Club Report Award will be presented on the following criteria:
- Quality of Report Presentation 20
- Comprehensiveness of report 40
- Quality of Club activities reported 40
Total points awarded is 100
Best Project Award
The District Office will be presenting the Best Project Award to a Club that has carried out an outstanding Club project from 1st October 2013 to 31st August 2014.
The scoring for this award will be as follows:
Consistency with Kiwanis Objects 20
Number of people benefiting from Project 10
Number of Kiwanians participating in project 10
- Young Children Priority One Project 10
- Innovativeness of Project 25
- Success of project 25
Total points awarded is 100
Please take note of the following:
· Each Club may submit only one project
· Only projects that have been done during the period October 1st 2013 – 31st August 2014 will qualify
· Three (3) copies of the project must be submitted to the Kiwanis Convention Secretariat by 7.00 p.m. on Friday 5th September 2014
· The project report should not exceed 8 pages.
Best Club Exhibition
Clubs are encouraged to prepare exhibits of their club activities, projects and events to be displayed in the lobby or Convention hall of the Convention Venue.
Information regarding the display area and space allocated will be informed by the organizing club soon.
Clubs should set up their exhibits between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. (subject to the confirmation of the host club) Friday the 5th September 2014
An award will be given for the Best Club Exhibit
BIDDING FOR THE 15th DISTRICT CONVENTION
Bidding is now open for Clubs to hold to host the 16th District Convention to be held in 2016. Club Presidents are encouraged to submit your bids in writing to the District Secretary by 31st August 2014, stating the name of the host club and the proposed venue for the convention. During the last year’s convention in Johor Bahru, KC Pantai has reconfirmed that in 2015, they are hosting the convention.
Confirmation and Bidding for the 15 & 16th District Conventions will take place on Saturday 6th September 2014 during Business Session 2.
For further information and assistance either refer to the Kiwanis Website www.kiwanis.org.my or Kiwanis Malaysia office, please contact:
Kiwanis Malaysia District
Tel: +603-7955 1575
Fax: +603-7955 2357
District Secretary 2013-14